Friday, September 30, 2005

A Little Rock n' Roll

Wednesday night rocked!!!

I took a couple of friends and my young nephew to see a few bands at the Loveland theater in Portland. On the docket was Mourning September, Number One Gun, Spoken, and Project 86. The venue was small and the crowd was smaller than I would have thought. But who cares, we were there and that is all that matters.

We missed Mourning September... If they were like Number One Gun we didn't miss much. I hate to be negative on the guys, I know they were trying hard, but they (No.1Gun) need to loose the ties and get a drummer that knows more that one beat. I'll check out Mourning on the web later.

Spoken was great, as expected. My nephew got a poster and had all the guys sign it. That is one thing that is great about these shows; the band comes out at the end of their set and hangs out to talk with the fans.



Project 86 did not disappoint. They blew the roof off. It was obvious by the crowds response who they were there to see. My friend Ben started the onslaught of stage dives that continued through the concert - go Ben! Sadly, the old man (me) was enjoying the view from the back. Andrew (the lead singer/songwriter) knows how to please the crowd. His intensity is captivating. Thanks fella's for the great show, I look forward to the next.

*** Not sure how to get the best photo's on my digital in the dark ***

Due to budget & time contraints I had to by pass the Chevelle show tonight at the Roseland. Maybe next time.

I need to find a career in the music biz...

No comments:

Post a Comment