Wednesday, September 21, 2005

SYATP Part II

It was an early morning today that started at 4:40 when my daughter was up moving around.
She couldn't sleep, so she was reading. I am so proud, yet tired so I made her turn off her light at 5:15 when it was time for me to leave.

Then it was off to breakfast at 5:30 and SYATP at Aloha High by 7:00. We were the first ones there at 6:50. It wasn't long until we had a small crowd of about 40 (as seen below). By the time I left at 7:30 there was almost 100 students surrounding the pole. It was a great thing to see. Students and faculty putting aside everything to stand united in prayer for their school.



I did the unthinkable and stood in prayer with my eyes open. Really. I did so watching, praying, and thinking of those that walked by us with a variety of looks on their faces. Many didn't even seem to notice. Some looked and giggled, some smiled, and some had that look on their faces... you know the one... the "what the..." look. I was proud to stand amongst the students and listen to the prayers of hope and of honest concern for their generation.

I am looking forward to hearing stories from other schools in our area tonight at the rally being held at our church.

No comments:

Post a Comment