Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Bail

I feel terrible... yet I don't.

Normally I pride myself on being a reliable person. If you ask me to do something, or if I tell you I'll do something, I'll do it. This weekend I am supposed to be up in Washington with our youth group. We'll I'm not there. I bailed at the last minute. Actually it was a day or so before but you know what I mean.

I mostly blame my trip to Japan. It got me so behind at work by the end of the day Tuesday I just couldn't see taking Friday off as a viable option for my sanity. On Wednesday I had to call Tom our youth pastor to let him know I wouldn't be going. I had major knots in my stomach, even though I knew it was the right decision. However, I will miss being there. Trips like this help make connections with the students like no other experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment