Friday, January 20, 2006

Sushi Time

I survived the sushi... Barely.

I was caught gagging a couple of times. Some was good... really. Some, wow, how do people eat it? There was one item that was tough and chewy and it was hard to get down. There was some giggling and some laughter, but I think they understood. If it wasn't for the beer I don't know what I would have done; I may have become acquainted with a Tokyo alley.

Speaking of alley's; this restraint was located in one. I was told it is a very famous place for sushi... it was as small as my bedroom. We sat on the floor to eat, very Japanese.

After the sushi came a visit to an exclusive bar. My host had a password to get in. Very nice. My name was the big topic of conversation. I am not sure what means in Japanese but there was some talk about samurai, camels, and being comfortable in the evening... eww. This bar, like the restraunt, was in an alley, well away from prying eyes. The hostess sat around the table with you to serve your drink, she never leaves, as if she is part of your group. We were early so all of the hostesses sat with us and would leave one by one as others came in. They all had business cards... when was the last time you went to a bar where the waitress handed you her/his business card.

All in all it was a nice evening, interesting to say the least.

Good night, or morning depending on where you are. It is 11:10pm Tokyo time.

No comments:

Post a Comment