Saturday, January 14, 2006

Breaking in the Passport

On Monday I will be traveling to Japan. This will be my first time overseas. I am excited and at the same time nervous. The purpose of the trip is business. I am going on behalf of the company I work for to service a customer who is having issues with our machine.

I leave Portland on Monday and arrive in Tokyo on Tuesday. My return trip I leave Tokyo on Saturday afternoon and arrive in Portland Saturday morning. It's like time travel. I expect it to be hard on the body.

I hope that during my time there I will get to experience some of Japan in my free time; site see, eat, and maybe shop a little. Sushi is not my favorite, okay I actually don't like it at all, but I am willing to try things... we'll see.

During the past couple of weeks I have been reading up on Japanese culture and business practices. This has been an interesting learning experience, I look forward to seeing how accurate what I have read is during my trip. I am prepared with gifts for those I am going to see, gifts from Oregon. This is one of the traditions I am familiar with.

I will have a computer with me and hope to make a couple entries on my trip.

Pray for my safety and success.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have an awesome time! What an exciting adventure even if it is for work, actually it's better, paid for!! Look forward to reading and then hearing about this trip.. Love to you my brother!

Mo

Post a Comment