Thursday, December 20, 2007

Is It Over Yet?

Some days are better than others. Yesterday was a sucky day at work and today is adding up to be just as sucky.

One of the things I don't like about my job is that so much of my stress is caused by others not getting things done and there isn't much I can do about it. I am not a control freak by any means but there are times when I feel like it is just easier to do it all myself. All of it! The problem is I can't do it all. I just can't. As much as I'd like to it ain't gunna happen.

One of two trucks is pulling out of our lot now after sitting here for almost 24 hours. They were supposed to be loaded yesterday and on the road to Seattle to get loaded onto a ship heading to the UK. I've been fielding phone calls from everyone and their brother that has to do with the truck, ship, brokerage, customer, mother, brother, & kitchen sink. Now I'm tired. Is it Saturday yet? Oh wait. I've still got one more fire to watch. There is a good chance I'll be at work on Saturday to load a truck to Canada.

Will I ever look back and say "I miss those days of craziness"? The chance of that is about the same as the media leaving Jamie Lynn Spears alone for the next nine months.

No comments:

Post a Comment