Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Weather Outside is Frightful

I know I've written about my feelings in the past about Weather People but here's another short rant.

Yesterday at work everyone got excited about a Heavy Snow Warning in our area. They (when I say 'they' I mean the Weather people) said that we would get 3 - 6 inches on the valley floor and warned drivers to stay home unless absolutely necessary. Yikes! With a warning like that who would get up early to go to work? Me. I woke up at six in the morning a looked out the window at the rain. No Snow. Rain.

My drive to work was uneventful. I checked the forcast again and it said that the warning was still in effect but was delayed until later in the day. Later in the day it still rained. Rain. No snow. All day this went on until I drove home... in the rain.

So here is what I think... God doesn't watch sitcoms, he watches the weather channel and laughs saying "oh, is that what's going to happen... ha! ha! haa! you thing your so smart. just keep trying to figure my creation out."

The best was during my drive home the news actually tried to set aside the missed forecast by saying that sometimes the mixture of cold weather and percipitation doesn't always make for snow. Cold weather? It was 38 degrees. Not cold enough to snow.

So Weather Peeps. Get on it. God isn't going to let you guess that easy so next time go easy on the quick weather warnings and save us all some false hope of a day at home watching the snow fall while the kids giggle and scream for joy.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Oh the weather men make it seem frightful.
When the storm front's on the dial.
And since they often get it wrong.
It won't snow, it won't snow, it won't snow.

Post a Comment