Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ka-Razy Day

Today was a crazy day. Work was filled with bad news after bad news. Things just weren't going well. Then comes noon time. Just before lunch four police officers show up. Thankfully not for me. They speak with the HR lady and then head outside. I saw them standing to the side of the door that leads to our shop and I hear the receptionist page one of the shop guys to the front office. I asked the HR lady what is going on and she says that they are here to get a guy on murder charges. What the!!! Murder??? So seeing that the cops are waiting by the door that the guy will have to come through to go to the office I run upstairs for a front row view. A few minutes go by and nothing. They are still standing there. A few more minutes go by... Then finally HR lady goes out and gets him in the shop. As soon as she and murderer (alleged) are by the door the cops swoop in and grab him. He doesn't fight them. He's cuffed and searched and read his rights and is taken away.

The story I got was that (all of this is alleged - to be politically correct) ten years ago he killed his cousin by putting a chain around his neck which was tied to some heavy blocks and tossed him in the Willamette River. He then fled to Mexico and wasn't caught until today. He was caught because he used a variation of his real name and his aunt found out he was around and turned him in. Since the statute of limitations for murder never ends they grabbed him.

So for the past few months I have been working with an alleged murderer in my midst. Just goes to show that you never know about some people. I would have never pinned this guy for a psyco-cousin-killer. He was nice and polite. I know it sounds cliché but it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment