Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Community

Tonight when I took Alex to his taekwondo class I had planned to sit in the park and read. Plans change.

Downtown Hillsboro was having a little party. There were vendors and music and cars and lots-o-people in the streets. So I took it in. As Carlee Smith sang her sweet tunes I was treated to a bit of people watching and a cappuccino.

Dudes were standing around talking about their cars that were on show; gals stood aside talking about whatever they talk about when their dudes are engrossed in dude stuff.

Lots of dogs. Small and horse-like.

Teenagers were trying to be cool.

Vendors were vending. Fruit, massages, crafts, palm readings, and more fruit.

Diners dining - I had just had dinner but could've eaten again.

It was nice to see people out enjoying themselves on a Tuesday night. It is a regular thing so I'll be there again to do whatever it was I was doing there.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Alex's Tae Kwon Do place will be doing demonstrations at the Tuesday Market on June 16 & 30.

Post a Comment