Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pool Cool

After meeting my brother Kevin (who now lives in TN) at Five Guys *burp* for dinner I ventured out to set up our new pool (thanks Daniel). It is a 12' x 3' above ground pool - just enough to keep cool in on hot days. This undertaking was a little more than I anticipated. But when the box says "easy set up" I say okay! I'm not feeling well but it is "easy set up" and I'll be a rock star to my kids. Well I say "easy set up" my ass! It was a pain in the...

First you have to level the ground - it is 12' across people - that is almost 144 square feet of ground you have to level. If it is off a hair the pool will know - yes, the pool will know. This I found out when all the water runs to one side. According to the "east set up" directions, this is a problem. Fortunately I only put a couple inches of water in so I was able to lift the pool and move the pebbles around a bit. After two hours which felt like two years - the ground was level. Or at least as level as I was going to get it without a team from ODOT.

Second you've got to fill it. City water ain't cheap. It'll cost more to fill the pool than it did to buy the thing.

The kids are very excited about having a pool. Owen on the other hand is not. There was a lot of sniffing and growling and running away. I think what he really needs to fear is the kids desire to put him in the pool once it is up and running. There was no wagging of the tail tonight.

The hose has been running for over two hours now and the pool is barely filled. I just can't wait until this months water bill.

1 comment:

One Crazy Mama said...

You know you will have a house full all summer! I hope Owen will manage to remain outside of the pool all summer as well!

Post a Comment