Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Time Draws Near

Back at the kiosk.

So far I have seen Australia through their rubbish. Seriously. That is about all I've seen. The plant I have been working at is a construction and demolition recycling facility. Basically trash. For three days I have crawled in and out of our machines working with the customer to get things fixed. Today went well. The units are finally running as they should. Not without a little sweat and blood. Literally. I cut my hands about four times so far. And the sweat... plentiful.

I look forward to getting home to the family. I am a little bummed I didn't get to get out and see much but it gives me a reason to come back. Everyone I've met here has been gracious and friendly.

Today I had a long conversation with a few of the guys at the plant about our gun laws. For some reason it intrigued them. They found it interesting that I even own a gun. They are convinced that we still live with an Old West mentality. It was a fun conversation.

Since I have only had one real meal this whole trip I plan to get out tonight for some good grub. Plenty of choices.

I leave tomorrow morning, which is Thursday here, and arrive in Portland on Thursday afternoon. The time thing is wild.

Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment