Thursday, October 26, 2006

World Series @ 9

Tuesday night we had a game night with a group from church. It was a good evening. Good food, good conversation, and good games.

During the evening the World Series was on the TV. Since the sound was down I was telling my daughter (nine) what was going on. When I announced that Albert Pujols was up my daughter fell into a fit of laughter. One of those fits where she could barely speak. I didn't get what was funny. Then she blurts out "you said poo-holes". Ah. Only a nine year old. I've heard the name for years and never heard it like that.

Tonight I turned on the game to see the score... guess who was up? I can't win.

"Dad, oh my gosh, that is poo-holes. POO-HOLES. Buh-wah-hah-hah."

Only by some miracle of God my five year old son missed the whole thing. Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

Missy said...

That's funny...we've been calling him that ever since the Red Sox kicked the Cardinals' collective "poo-holes" in the World Series in 2004.

Hee hee hee hee...

Dave Ketah said...

That is hilarious!

Post a Comment