Monday, July 16, 2007

Birthday Week

Those that know me know that I don't make a big deal about my birthday. To quote myself "it's just another day". I get to my birthday each year and I don't feel any different than the day before. I don't mean to bum people out by being so blah about my birthday so this year I'll try to be more excited. WAHOO!

On Saturday I'll be 39. One step closer to 40. Ooooh. I know, 40, so old.

The plan for Saturday is to spend the day with our church at the beach. It will be fun. There will be food, games, a bonfire, singing, and good times in general. I hope it is hot enough for a dip in the Pacific. If you read this and aren't part of our church you are still invited. Please come. See here for info.

So in celebration of my pending birthday I am providing a list of the ultimate gifts somebody could buy me for my special day. These are in order of value. Rich people in the audience... keep scrolling. I am giving ideas from under $100 all the way to Bill Gates can buy me that. Please note this is not my way of asking for a gift, I don't need gifts. This is just the dream list that if I wanted or needed gifts these would speak well of the gift giver.

Idea #1
$24.99 at Amazon.com

Idea #2
$130.00 at your local liquor store.

Idea #3
Sig Sauer P232- Two-Tone
$720.00 MSRP

Idea #4
Macbook Pro 17" 2.4Ghz
$2,799.00

Idea #5
Harley Davidson fFLHX Street Glide
$18,000 or so

Idea #6
Ariel Atom - Supercharged version
$50,000+ approx.

Idea #7

Ferrari Dino
$... if you have to ask, you can't afford it

Here is to my birthday. Yeah, me.

Thank you Lord for the 38 years and 360 days thus far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would pick up the Macallan, but I don't think it would make it to you unopened.

I think Ash is eying that Sig for you though. :)

Ashby said...

I did sort of gag when I scrolled past that one.

How the hell did I get the rep as the only pacifist in our church? There have to be others.

The only thing I want from this list is Seinfeld.

BRIAN! I have already started telling people about your 40th birthday party. I am getting excited!

Kathi said...

Hmmm....which one? Which one?

Anonymous said...

Kathi, you know your thinking about the Atom! Right?

On second thought, don't say anything. It should be a surprise for Brian. :)

Post a Comment