Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Scary Carbon Stuff

6.2

That is my carbon footprint according to the Live Earth survey.

It is less than the 7.5 tons per year average.

So my life style produces 6.2 tons of carbon? What does that mean? What does that look like?

If everything on earth is carbon based where is that 6.2 tons of carbon going? Into the atmosphere? The ocean? Is somebody eating it?

My point is the number means nothing to me. My existance alone no matter what I eat, drink, or drive probably produces some amount of carbon. Isn't it part of the cycle of life. Spiders eat flies, birds eat spiders, cats eat birds, I kick cats.... That cycle. (Matt, I don't really kick cats, I just think about it)

So 6.2 is that good? Bad? Indifferent? What should it be?

Al... any thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're always stickin' it to the cats, Bonham.

Anonymous said...

mine was 13. It seems mostly meaningless though.

Paulos said...

meaningless everything is meaningless under the sun.

Post a Comment