Sunday, July 29, 2007

Detroit Lake '07

Just home from a nice long weekend at Detroit Lake. We left Thursday to meet up with a big group of friends to camp at the lake for a long weekend. We had a good time. Yesterday the wind kicked up which brought my allergies out for a fire storm of yuckiness. All in all it was fun.

Thanks to the Powers and their boat we got to go out and enjoy the lake. Kathi skied and Brianna tubed. Alex and I make good boat riders. The evenings were filled with games and fun conversation.

One bummer about the campsite was the proximity of neighbors. We had choice ones. Granted we didn't have to deal with the smell and flushings others had to deal with by being close to the bathrooms. We just had neighbors who stayed up late drinking then were up early with load obnoxious kids. They didn't know how to use quiet voices I guess. Bless my wife for letting me sleep in each day. If you can call waking up every five minutes to a crying or screaming kid sleep.

Here are some photos of our weekend. Sorry Alex but I somehow didn't get a single photo of you.

Brianna at the lake.
Brianna tubing.
Taking a ride.
She insists that it was a scratch... no pick.
Hot momma skiing.

It was fun to hang out with everyone for the weekend. We are looking forward to next year. Thanks all.

Okay, I did find a photo with Alex in it.
He's right behind Kathi, just follow the arrow.

Edit:
Thanks to Mrs. V. here is a photo of Alex...

2 comments:

Linger said...

Fun trip! I miss tubing veryveryvery much! I also missed you Bonham's last night.

Take it easy.

Missy said...

Great pic of you and Joe. We managed to come home without a single pic of him. Poor Joe and Alex!! LOL.

Post a Comment