Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Psyco Kia

Monday on my way home from work I met Psyco Kia (PK). Two cars ahead of me was a brand new Kia that loved her new brakes. I watched her tail end bob up and down as she punched her brakes clearly irritated by the driver behind her. The sad thing is is that the driver behind her was a good 4 or 5 car lengths back, and for good reason. This went on for about 3 miles before the car in front of me and directly behing PK turned another way. Now it was my turn.

Driving along with plenty of room between PK and my beloved Camry I finally got to see the driver. She is an older lady who is flat out, down right, out of her mind psyco. She would look in her mirror, punch the brakes, and roll her finger around her temple giving the crazy sign. To me. Hello! Who is the crazy one here? Her other move would be to first punch the brakes, point behind her, and yell something. What she was saying, I have no idea. I am sure it was priceless.

The other thing that was maddening was the fact the she was a double footed driver. One foot on the gas and one on the brake. So her brake lights were always on. This way the punch would come as a suprise to the person behind her. This at the time being me.

This was beyond irritating, especially after a long day. I had had enough. I gave her the bird and not the kind with feathers if you know what I mean. To which she responded with obnoxious clapping. I don't feel good about flipping off and old bat who is out of her head, it just happened. I couldn't get around her or go another way. For miles I was trapped.

Up ahead came my salvation. There are two ways to get to where I was going. She went straight and I went left. But I wasn't fast enough. Somehow she beat me to the next intersection and again I was behind PK. And pissed. Another mile behind the psyco crazy women twirling her fingers and stabbing her brakes. She finally turned off. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.

Tuesday morning bright eyed and bushy tailed I was off to work. Half a mile into my commute guess who pulled in front of me. Like she was waiting, watching for her favorite brake punch game victim. Suck. What are the odds. Maybe she last night was a fluke. Nope. Punch, punch, finger wag and twirl.

3 comments:

Kathi said...

I still say it's the same lady we drove behind a couple of years ago in Tigard! How many psycho drivers like that can there be? Hmmm....

Missy said...

Ever driven in Florida during "snowbird" season??? Lots of psycho drivers there!!

Paulos said...

People like that make me wish I carried my paintball gun in my car...

though when I'm doing driving I'm glad that I don't have it.

Post a Comment