Sunday, July 08, 2007

Robots in Disguise

Last night I took in the movie Transformers. It was awesome. Better than I thought it would be.

I went into the movie with little expectation due to my disappointment with Spiderman 3. I left wanting to see it again.

The low points include a very unnecessary discussion during a scene with the mom & dad in the boy's room regarding what he may have been doing in his room behind the locked door. Some of the action scenes moved too fast to understand who was who and what was really happening. And the one thing that always bothers me in books and movies is when the time frame of events is difficult to follow. As far as you can tell all the events in the movie took place in a day.

The high points include amazing CGI and a sweet soundtrack. The actors did a good job. There were a number of recognizable faces but no huge stars that overwhelm the movie. The hype about product placement is true, there is a lot, however it didn't take away from the movie. The comedy was well placed and not too over the top silly.

All-in-all it is a fun ride worthy of the $9 it takes to get in the door.

And a final note to Chevy... you need to produce this car

2 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

Dude! I am really looking forward to seeing this now.

Jenn Sanders said...

Please take my husband! He really wants to see it and I'm not super excited about that.... I know, I'm sure I'm going to be chastised for saying that, but it's true! Please go to the movie with him!

Post a Comment