Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Dumb Move

Have you ever done something dumb?

I have.

Monday.

My body is welcoming Spring in its usual fashion. My eyes are watering, my sinuses congested, etc. I wasn't up for suffering all day so I bought this product called Airborne. Are you familiar? If so this will be more relevant. If not think of an Alka-Seltzer tablet.

Sitting at my desk I opened the package and popped one in my mouth. Did I read the instructions you ask? Nope. I bit down on the orange wafer and instantly my mouth was filled with the effervescent bubbling of the Airborne tablet. I quickly looked at the package for the instructions as my cheeks began to bulge. The fizzing Tangy Orange flavor was overwhelming my senses. From the package: SIMPLY DROP (1) AIRBORNE TABLET IN A SMALL AMOUNT OF PLAIN WATER... Crap where is my water. Gulp, gulp, gulp... Burp!

Whew.

Got it down. Dumb. Didn't read the "simple" instructions first. Why should I, it looked like the same Vitamin C tablets I've been using for years.

Burp.

The rest of the day was a gaseous fun filled event. Burp. The thing must have been fizzing in my stomach for an hour. My belt was quickly loosed. I felt like a bloated pig the rest of the afternoon.

I do have to say after a bit my eyes stopped watering both from the shock of the fizzy tablet in my mouth and my allergy symptoms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen a child put a tic tac up their nose!

Post a Comment