Saturday, March 18, 2006

Last night I stayed up late to watch "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"... boring.

Seriously, the anticipation for a great movie was there but the great movie wasn't. The movie just dragged on and on. Sorry to those of you devoted fans that loved it, but really, did I have to read the book first? Truthfully I didn't and don't plan to. Maybe it would have helped.

Of course I'll have to give credit to the special effects, they were spectacular.

My prediction is that the kid actors who are portraying the main characters will never act again after this series ends. They are type-cast for life. Plus I don't think they are very good actors, especially the Weasley kid and the girl... yikes.

I am hoping to see "V for Vendetta" soon and will comment on it... I hear it is politically charged... hmm? I wonder which way?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

V for Vendetta looks interesting. It's based on a graphic novel of the same name by a guy named Alan Moore, who has been a pretty substantial and influential creator in the medium. The work is highly critically praised, yet Moore has refused to allow his name to be attached to the film. I think one of the themes of the film is of a government that has too much control over its citizens. I think it should be an interesting critique of current politics.

Post a Comment