Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Some days it is just harder to work than others. Sorry, just had to say it.

Tonight I will be crafting pine wood derby cars for the kids. Brianna, who has won most creative in her last two entries, wants an ocean themed car. She has asked be to carve a dolphin shaped car. Alex is asking for a Darth Vader car to match his new shoes. He is settling for a car in the shape of an X-Wing fighter. The race event is on Saturday... I've got to get moving... time is short.

These races remind me of the first blue ribbon I ever received. I was a young child in the Indian Guides down in the Bay Area participating in my first pine wood derby race. For my participation I received a blue ribbon. This ribbon hung in my room for many years to come. Believe it or not I still have it. Yep, it is a box in my garage that is full of childhood memories.

The cool thing is that the ribbon was hanging in my room on a trophy I won at the same race. So cool. I don't recall what the trophy was for but I am sure it is in the same box as the ribbon.

Thank God for great memories as a kid. I hope my kids have the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment