Thursday, March 23, 2006

Information Overload

In this modern society of instant access to information, it begs the question... are we better off?

If I don't know something, or have an answer to a question, or can't find something, or... well you see where I am going... I just google it. No I don't MSN Search it or Yahoo it, I google it. There is little you can't find in the net. Do we live in a time of information overload?

Do you need a song? imusic.com or mp3 or walmart or rhapsody or... ah you get it. Remember the days of heading down to Tower Records to get the latest Ratt album or Duran Duran or Van Halen or dare I say Wham well forget it, just click here and they'll deliver it to your door.

Do you need to know who the 7th President of the United States of America was or who is the current leader of Bulgaria? Click here. Wikipedia... love it or not it is quick and easy and free.

I don't have an answer to my own question... it was just a thought I had today as I was looking up the local airports in India that service Calcutta. There just isn't much you can't buy, find, read, listen to, research, or sell at the click of a mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment