Monday, September 25, 2006

Bug'n Me II

Speaking of things that bug me...

Have you ever been listening to a CD and at the end there is about 10 minutes of silence and then another song plays. A "bonus" song. Come on now that is crap. I didn't buy the CD for forced silence. I bought it with hard earned money for music.

All artists, record producers, record labels, etc. hear me now... STOP DOING THAT!!!

On all accounts it just stinks. I don't get it. Can somebody explain it to me? I don't want to hear that it is artistic. IT ISN'T. If it was artistic it would be original. Since this unnecessary silence appears on over a dozen of the CD's I own it isn't original. It's been done so now let's stop this practice. STOP IT NOW!

On some of my CD's it is a single track of silence then the "bonus" song. On others it is like thirty separate tracks of silence and then the "bonus" song. Is this silence supposed to prepare us for the awesomeness of the "bonus" song? If so, it does a lousy job. It only serves as a major source of irritation. Or am I supposed to be meditating on the greatness of the previous song? Educate me on this if you can.

If I want silence I will turn the CD off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment