Friday, September 01, 2006

Vacation! part II

Nothing like starting off the first night of vacation with a little rock n' roll.

I took my nephew and a couple of his buddies over to the Rock n' Roll Pizza to see Spoken. It was a great show. The opening acts were The New Ending, The Finalist, and House of Heroes. House of Heroes opened with a little tribute to Queen with Fat Bottom Girls. Sweet.

The crowd was small. Or does that mean it wasn't a crowd at all? Not sure. Anyway... there wasn't as many people there as I would have expected. Too bad. Fans missed out on a fun show. The guys from the bands are great. They make themselves very accessible to the fans before, during, and after the show. I got to speak with a number of them about life on the road, their music, and life in general. Wow. These fellas have chosen a rough way to make a living. I pray that God blesses them for it.

Also represented at the show tonight was the organization To Write Love On Her Arms who I posted briefly on previously. I spoke with Jake, the west coast representative, for a little bit. We exchanged email addresses so we can have some further talks. Not sure what will come of it, but I'd be very interested in helping them in anyway possible. Please pray for God to lead in that.

I think tonight was the first time Jon (my nephew) stepped into a mosh pit. I say stepped into when in fact he was stepped on a few times. After seeing him go to the floor five times I stopped counting. Although I did keep a watchful eye on him and his friends as I was the one responsible for them tonight. I didn't want to return broken children to their parents. I for one don't mosh. I don't see the point or enjoyment in bashing into other people. I guess I'm too old to get it.

The rest of my vacation will be considerably less raucous. Camping at the beach does not entail any moshing or head banging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you guys find a church yet?

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian, Is there such a thing as a "head banger" hangover. Jon woke up the next morning for Cross Country and I wasn't sure if he was going to make it! He had a blast with you, "cool uncle" and asked if you would take them again?!! Props to you, he doesn't even want me to volunteer at the High School football games! Steven had fun, Evan said, it was the best concert he had ever been to, his first Christian concert...thank you sooo much for taking them.

Post a Comment