Monday, August 14, 2006

Family Reunion

This past weekend was our family reunion on my mom's side. It was a good time. The last time most of us were together was for my Grandma's funeral two years ago. This was a much more joyous gathering.

Look at all the smiling faces.



Saturday we met at my folks house in Dayton. They have a large yard that backs up to the Yamhill river so there was plenty of room to spread out. There was the standard reunion to-do's... food, games, conversation, more conversation, some hijinx and the like. All in all everyone was well behaved and had a great time.

Sunday we me at Champoeg Park (pronouned shampoo-ee) for a picnic. That was also a good time. My Uncle reserved a great spot to hang out for the day. The same event insued. Great time.

Fortunately for us the weather was agreeable. In Oregon you never know. It stayed in the 80's without a cloud in the sky.

I am sad for those who dread spending time with their family. I for one love it and love my family. We aren't the best in staying in touch, however, when we get together it sometimes feels like old friends getting together again. For that I am proud and thank God for the love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me say..GOD IS SO GOOD..What a great time! Love our family, the young, the old and those in the middle.(that would be me) Great food, fun, conversations, and laughs.

..just a bit incomplete without The Jeffs and of course GG. They would have loved it too. Look forward to the next and for now we have e-mail! love you M

Post a Comment