Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Old Days

Tonight is my 20 year high school reunion and I'm not going.

There is no specific reason except that it was 20 years ago which is more than half my life and I really don't care too much. I don't keep in touch with anybody from then and really don't miss it. I've moved on and couldn't even name too many of the people I went to school with anyway.

There are no great memories or bad memories to dredge up. It was what it was... High School. Three years of preparation for life? I don't think so. Three years to build life long friendships? I wasn't for me. To me it was three years of school. Three years of work. Three years of being a kid for the last time. Three years, 20 years ago.

Are there people I'd like to see? Sure. If I really want to see them I'll find them. The internet is a great place for that. Until then, I'll focus on the future and find out what that has in store for me.

To all you Tigard Tigers of 1986 have a great evening, enjoy yourselves, and for goodness sake drive safely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said - hugs to you

Anonymous said...

True that. My best friends were from youth group anyways.

Post a Comment